Small bit of news! I do plan on re-subscribing to the game tomorrow, I kinda miss playing as well. Probably won't do my 3 accounts again right away, but I miss 3 boxing as well!
RPG Maker is super frustrating when trying to do escort quests, so doing the escort in Qeynos Hills kind of destroyed my patience. But I think I do have it decently made. Pretty simple, and the cards you have to pick up won't be pickup-able until after the escort. In fact, you could just sit and wait for him to finish wandering around and not even follow him 😛
This is the pre-release patch notes for the 0.5.0 test release that will be released to the public (will include all the previous 0.5.0 test releases as well that registered users got on the website):
- Zamel is now hanging out by the bridge to the bank.
- The quest "Find Lucie Elron" has been implemented but can't be finished yet. It will not be added to the quest journal since it will end up being possible to do the quest without accepting it, and has multiple turn in possibilities.
- Added 2 entry points in the Arena that will eventually lead to the pens.
- Exterminator Rasmon is now across the bridge towards the bank.
- You can give 4 rodent whiskers to Exterminator Rasmon anytime for a reward. Will count towards repeatable quest completions. It will not be added to the quest journal.
- Added +2% Critical Evasion chance to Kite Shields (not the Wooden Kite Shields).
- Added 17 shields. They have not had a balance pass yet, so expect changes as time goes on.
- Raffy Conticede has been added and has shields to sell.
- Aggro range on all mobs that aggro has been reduced and no longer relies on having to see the player (the sight line code did not work very well).
- Added Chesgard Sydwen near the Cleric and Paladin guild in South Qeynos.
- You can now get and complete the quest "Cheslin's Illusion Cards" from Chesgard Sydwen in South Qeynos.
- Clerics can now equip Large shields as was intended.
Hope you all are having a great Halloween 🙂 ...
Well crap. E2DQ has reached 300 unique downloads on the website. I was surprised to see it gets visitors almost every day now. I seriously thought this project would reach maybe 10 others because its such an odd project.
I haven't been working too much on it lately, mainly because a subscription is really required so I can get starting character information which is where I am at. And free players can't start in the original cities. How crappy is that? Plus with all the characters I have for testing purposes, the majority of them are locked behind the pay wall. Meh. I am broke.
Going to try to re-up my sub in November. Really happy that I don't have followers that demand updates. Glad you guys know this is just a hobby for me, especially during a time I am trying to make a game development career for myself. 🙂
4 months ago
Working on getting the Cheslin patrol quest in! This one should be interesting to do. Debating a lot with exactly how to do this quest within RPG Maker.
I want to get a fair amount of content into this next patch which will then go up on the website as a public download. ...
I should probably mention, the conversion to RPG Maker MV won't be happening 🙁 Way too many scripts making the move pretty much impossible without having to rewrite a lot of things. Just wasn't worth it.
On top of many script issues, one of them was the Faction system. I would have had to re-do the ENTIRE system, and I spent a crazy amount of hours implementing that along with the /consider system that is connected to it. So yea, no 😛 ...
SHIELDS GALORE! 😛
Don't worry, the icons will change! Also notice some new stats being added at the top. 🙂 Since stats work different in RPG Maker, I wanted to add a little extra to some.
And I really need to find out how to move the platinum currency icon over..... ...
Only been a few weeks and already been missing working on this! So hopefully I am finally back! I am still on my Facebook break, but I decided I will bookmark this page and only check here.
I also plan on making the test releases for 0.5.0 public without the sign up requirement on the website. So stay tuned for that. I haven't decided on how often I would release them yet. Depends on interest I suppose.
The next test patch that I do release will make some changes to what quests are or are not added to the Quest Journal as well. Previous quests prior to 0.5.0 will not be touched. This will just start with the next patch. Will really make quests with many multiple turn in decisions much easier to handle. They would still add to your counter for quest completions as well.
Cheers! 🙂 ...
Hey guys 🙂
If anyone here has read the "My Story" on this page, you will know I struggle a lot with PTSD. And it has gotten a bit worse over the past couple weeks.
We have found out that social media is very much a trigger due to certain areas that I can't avoid, and is not helping. I will see about still posting on this page when things settle down for me. Maybe I can just direct bookmark to this page and avoid everything else. If anything, I still have the website you can follow if I can't do that, along with Trello.
Will see what happens. But I didn't want to disappear off here, still work on the project and release on the website and people here think I died or something 😛
Cheers 🙂 ...
6 months ago
With this *potential* conversion to RPG Maker MV, I been thinking about removing 2 things that I actually did regret putting into the project in the first place.
The quest log and the faction window.
Those 2 things didn't exist back in EQ Classic. If this conversion happens, I may remove those 2 from the project. I would still keep things like tracking how many quests you have completed. All that would change is no longer having access to those windows.
Thoughts? They will probably remain if I have problems with the conversion. ...